The little girl was dead! Her body was getting cold. Memories of her growing up, flashed across the mind of her mother, as she hung on dearly to the corpse of the one, she once called ‘Talitha’. She lost her to sickness, death was rejoicing and the powers of darkness seemed triumphant, the mist of hope was replaced with the clarity of hopelessness. Read more
The Commands of God is also called as the ‘law of God’. The law of God is not simply a list of Do’s and Don’ts but it reveals the heart of God for our well-being. God’s commandments are not meant to hurt us or take away our joy; God’s laws are meant to guard us, guide us, and ultimately point us to Jesus!
When we understand the law correctly then we will be able to say like the Psalmist in Psalm 119:97, “Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.” Reading, meditating and loving God’s Word is a daily discipline and a life-long practice.
The children in their Sunday School song teach us…
Read your Bible, pray everyday, Pray everyday, pray everyday
Read your Bible, pray everyday. And you’ll grow, grow, grow
God wants us to grow…We must grow! We grow by loving God and His Word. There are many things we love…We love God, our family, our friends, our church and things special to us. May we have a special love for God’s Word.
Few Reasons why we love God’s Word:
- It is God’s creative power! (Genesis 1)
- It is Alive! (Hebrews 4:12)
- It is full of Surprises! (Isaiah 43:19)
- It is powerful in practical ways! (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- It centers on Jesus! (John 5:39)
- It brings people to Jesus! (1 Peter 1:23)
The question is how much of your heart is full of God’s Word?
- We are His treasured choice: He chose us above everyone else to be most precious treasured possession for God
- His extravagant love is poured out on us: He set his affection on us and poured out his love on us more than anyone else
- He displays His unchanging faithfulness to us: He is a God who ever faithful to us and will fulfil His promises to us.