The Book of Ecclesiastes challenges us to consider changing our ‘residence’: moving from living ‘under the sun’ to living ‘under the SON’.
‘Living under the sun’ is epitomized with these words of the author, ‘ I observed everything going on under the sun, and really, it is all meaningless—like chasing the wind.’ (Ecclesiastes 1:14)
‘Living under the SON’ is explained with these words of the author, ‘That’s the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad. (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14)
Everything we see under the Sun in our daily lives has instant possibilities of gratification or self-glory. Grabbing what we can see to achieve what we want to bring glory to ourselves. But Solomon calls this lifestyle as ‘meaningless.’
To find meaning in life we need to change our permanent residence. We need to LIVE UNDER THE SON. Jesus is the SON of God. Our life’s purpose is found when we bring ALL our lives under the Lordship of Christ. This lifestyle is absolutely opposed to living under the sun.
Living under the lordship of Jesus Christ requires us to do the following:
- Spend time with Him daily in prayer
- Read His Word and obey His words
- Share about Him with our friends and family
- A daily pursuit to be like the Son wherever we are and whatever we do.
The Assembly of God Church Kolkata
Latest posts by The Assembly of God Church Kolkata (see all)
- UNLOCK 1.0 – Worship Services • Tithes & Offerings - June 5, 2020
- Happy Mother’s Day! - May 10, 2020
- Hold On Regardless of Whatever - April 19, 2020
- PRAYER FOR INDIA AND THE WORLD - April 18, 2020