Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm. For love is as strong as death, its jealousy as enduring as the grave. Love flashes like fire, the brightest kind of flame. Many waters cannot quench love, nor can rivers drown it. If a man tried to buy love with all his wealth, his offer would be utterly scorned [Song of Songs 8:6-7]
The Song of Songs is one of the most beautiful books of the Bible. It uses rich poetic language and vivid imagery to depict the joy, beauty, and sacredness of love within marriage. But in the Song of Songs, God has given us more than a manual on marriage – he offers us a glimpse into his ultimate design for fullness of life – the deepest longing of every human heart for love in all its fullness.
- The Song of Solomon is about true love – True love is like flames that cannot be quenched by torrents of rain, flood waters or rivers. No one can put a price on this kind of love – it cannot be bought. It is loyal even unto death. Every human heart yearns for such love!
- The Song of Songs is about waiting for love – The same clear message is repeated three times: Don’t excite love, don’t stir it up, until the time is ripe – and you’re ready…[SoS 2:7; 3:5;8:5]. Especially relevant to young people with racing hormones: Don’t be flattered, tempted or enticed – wait for the right time…God’s time!
3. The Song of Songs is about keeping true love alive in marriage – At a time when marriages seem to fall apart so easily, this book offers useful guidance on how the marriage relationship can be both fulfilling and lasting. How to keep the fire of true love burning through patient caring, putting his/her needs before your own, laying down your life for your spouse.
4. The Song of Songs is about God’s unfailing, enduring, lasting love for his people – The most fulfilling family relationships, the healthiest of marriages, the most enriching of human friendships all fall short. The universal longing for love in all its fullness – a love that lasts and never fails – is only satisfied when we find our way to the loving and secure arms of our heavenly Father.
The Assembly of God Church Kolkata
Latest posts by The Assembly of God Church Kolkata (see all)
- UNLOCK 1.0 – Worship Services • Tithes & Offerings - June 5, 2020
- Happy Mother’s Day! - May 10, 2020
- Hold On Regardless of Whatever - April 19, 2020
- PRAYER FOR INDIA AND THE WORLD - April 18, 2020