We need the Holy Spirit in our life to enable us to grow into all that God created us to be – without him we are lifeless and powerless.
1. He is our Helper – …it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you [John 16:7]: When you feel like you’re failing at life, you can start each day knowing that you’re not alone. The Holy Spirit is `God with us’ who helps us to live a flourishing life that radiates the goodness of God.
2. He is our Guide – When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you…[John 16:13]: The Spirit helps us tune into the voice of our heavenly Father – ask him to show you what the Father’s will is for you this week and for help to carry it out.
3. He is our Teacher – …the Helper, the Holy Spirit…will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you [John 14:26]: The Spirit will give you insight into Scripture, help you understand and recall what you’ve read in Scripture.
4. He is our Pray-er – Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words [Rom 8:26]: When we don’t have the right words in prayer he knows just what to say and helps us express our deepest needs to God.
5. He is our Hope – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope [Rom 15:13]: Hope is fuel for the soul, and it’s the power of the Holy Spirit that carries people and gives them hope through all trials and tribulations.
The Holy Spirit is the power that energizes and enables us to live victoriously for Christ to the glory of the Father, and why God commands us to…Live by the Spirit…and Keep in step with the Spirit… [Gal 5:25].