6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.(Colossians 2:6-7)
As followers of Christ, ‘rooted in Him’ we have to consider how to best respond to the coronavirus(COVID-19).
Here are several questions to ask ourselves during this season:
- Defining faith as ‘the assurance of what I do not see’, do I have more faith that the coronavirus will spread or that God is in control even through this season?
- How can I be more generous with my resources and finances during this time?
- What truths and stories from God’s word can I meditate on and share with others during this pandemic?
- If I have more time alone this next month, how am I using it well?
- In a time of less human interaction what are the ways I can still engage in fellowship with other Christ-followers?
- If there is no available or adequate care for those infected by the coronavirus, would I be willing to go and care for them?
- Am I communicating hope and faith or fear and anxiety with others?
- How could I use this season as an opportunity to be content with less?
- Are there people in my immediate vicinity that I can help and support during this time?
- What things can I thank God for during this season?