What’s in a Name?
What is God’s Name? Does God have a name?
Exo 3:1-5 – 1Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.” 4When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am.” 5“Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.”
Exo 3:13-15 – 13Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” 14God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” 15God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ “This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation. Read more
1. What’s one thing you can do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What’s an impossible prayer you can pray?
3. What’s the most important thing you could do to improve your family life?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year?
5. What’s the single biggest time-waster in your life, and how can you redeem the time?
6. What’s the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose life-change will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What’s the most important way, by God’s grace, you will try to make this year different from last?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing can you plan to do this year that will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
The Kolkata AG Church & Mission deeply mourns the tragic passing away of our dear friend and supporter, Dr. Randy Valimont on October 31st, 2019.