1. What’s one thing you can do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What’s an impossible prayer you can pray?
3. What’s the most important thing you could do to improve your family life?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year?
5. What’s the single biggest time-waster in your life, and how can you redeem the time?
6. What’s the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose life-change will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What’s the most important way, by God’s grace, you will try to make this year different from last?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing can you plan to do this year that will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
Acts 1:4, 8 – Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised… you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses…to the ends of the earth
GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
1 Cor 12:1, 4-11 – 1Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant…4There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. 7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.
A spiritual gift [charisma] is a special ability given by the Holy Spirit to every believer Read more
We need the Holy Spirit in our life to enable us to grow into all that God created us to be – without him we are lifeless and powerless.
1. He is our Helper – …it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you [John 16:7]: When you feel like you’re failing at life, you can start each day knowing that you’re not alone. The Holy Spirit is `God with us’ who helps us to live a flourishing life that radiates the goodness of God. Read more