- Their walk with God was just a bunch of rituals done to get a ‘yes’ to their prayers!
- Their personal lives were self-centered and flirtatious!
- Their society was in shambles because each one lived for themselves!
When Jesus walked this earth, one time he asked his disciples this question: Who do people say the Son of Man is? The disciples gave their answers but the one that Jesus commented about was Peter’s answer…Peter said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16).
When Peter called Jesus “THE CHRIST,” he was calling Jesus, “the Messiah.” All Israel was looking for the Messiah, i.e., the Deliverer who would defeat the Romans and drive them out…the nation of Israel wanted a Deliverer like David who would drive out the heathen and rule over them.
The title Christ, or Messiah, means “the anointed One.” Read more
1. They keep their lives de-compartmentalized. They are the same man, husband and father regardless of where and when. This directly connects to the character of these men. None are perfect, but I would trust everyone of them with my kids.
2. They realize that their manhood and fatherhood are directly tied to their relationship with God. This means time in God’s Word, time in prayer and time with God’s people are essential parts of their lives.
3. They uphold their wives as their number one friend and co-worker in life. They realize that loving their wives is one of the greatest things they could ever give their kids, and they protect their marriage like it’s their life. Read more