“Later she gave birth to his brother Abel. Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. And Abel also brought an offering—fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast. Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.””Genesis 4:2-7 NIV
- it’s not our acts of worship that pleases God, it’s our heart of worship that matters.
- Jealousy and envy destroys your heart of worship and your acts of worship.
“Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous.”1 John 3:12 NIV
Proverbs 27:4- wrath is fierce and anger is a flood, but who can stand before jealousy.
1 John 3:15- anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him
“Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness.” – John 2:9 NIV
- , “if you keep biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other” (Galations 5:15)
- “The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time…So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord. This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.”
- Genesis 6:5, 7-9 NIV
BREAKDOWN WITH GOD.
- “By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.” – Hebrews 11:7 NIV
- Fearless minds leads to faithless hearts. Faithless hearts leads to unfruitful lives.
“They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.” But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”” – Genesis 11:3-7 NIV
- Matthew 22:37-39- Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and with all your mind, and love your neighbour as you love yourself
- Get back to God
- Get back to your relationships
- Get back to your Real You
The Assembly of God Church Kolkata
Latest posts by The Assembly of God Church Kolkata (see all)
- I Do – What Shapes My Family • Downloadable Graphic - October 11, 2020
- A Special Message For Children - March 29, 2020
- Special Message For You (Tamil) - March 28, 2020
- Special Message For You (Telugu) - March 28, 2020