When my soul is in the dumps, I rehearse everything I know of you, … Psalm 42:6-8 MSG When we are facing our worst circumstances or the deepest valleys, we usually end up: Complaining. Worrying. Hurting. Fighting. Anxious. Bitter. Reckless. Shattered. Broken. (Add any other adjective you can think off)
But the psalmist challenges us to do ONE thing: At our WORST, ‘rehearse’ the BEST about God and His ways.
‘Rehearse’ means to simply:
- Go over again
- Remember about all of His ways and Words
- Ponder about his miracles in our lives
When we intentionally practice this personal ‘rehearsal’, God does not promise us that we would be out of the valley. But something better happens. We are drawn to discover God’s best in our WORST possible scenario.
We make a few interesting personal discoveries:
- God never fails.
- He is faithful.
- He is loving.
- He is always there.
The Assembly of God Church Kolkata
Latest posts by The Assembly of God Church Kolkata (see all)
- God’s Fingerprint in Creation – Ps. Patrick Joseph - January 19, 2020
- Behold Your God – -Ps. Ivan Satyavrata - January 12, 2020
- The Secret To A Happy New Year – Ps. Jacob Matthew - January 10, 2020
- Ten Questions For The New Year - January 4, 2020